©Tutti i diritti riservati
Leading Effectively through Adaptability and Development (LEAD)
DESCRIPTION OF THE TRAINING COURSE
Leading Effectively through Adaptability and Development (LEAD) is a training course for youth workers and educators who want to increase their ability to create social change, through transformative and sustainable leadership.
Youth workers willgain knowledge, skills and attitudes about effective leadership strategies, problem framing and solving, intergenerational dialogue, teamwork, active listening, and new ways of teaching and learning from peers. Through a mix of workshops, seminars and hands-on experiences the participants will learn how to demonstrate social commitment, how to enhance verbal and non-verbal communication, and how to analyse critically different situations building shared solutions capable of creating opportunities for youth.
LEAD training course is based on non-conventional and non-formal education with a self-directed learning approach and peerto-peer interaction. A theatre activity will be integral part of the course to promote the use of acting techniques and body-language for transformative leaders. The activities proposed in the
training course are meant to be widely inclusive and adaptable to different contexts in a way to make sure everyone feels involved in the sessions at all times.
Keywords: leadership; youth work; resilience; body language; speech; leaders; youth development; team-building; brain-
Target: youth workers, NGOs workers, educators
Countries involved: Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Turkey, Ukraine.
CONTENT OF THE TRAINING COURSE
• The concept of leadership and how to use it in youth work
• The characteristics of successful leaders
• Analysis of leaders’ speeches and body language
• Introduction of successful leaders’ activities in youth work
• Treasure Hunt activity: leadership vs command chains
• Theatre activity: body language and acting
• Presentation of case studies: success and failure of leadership for youth development
• Team building exercises
• Guided brainstorming sessions and workshops to develop own projects
• Debriefing circles
• NGO Fair: presentation of ssociation and networking
• Project presentations
• Cultural nights
• Introduction to Youth Pass
• Self-assessment using the Youth Pass
WHERE AND WHEN?
Venue of the training: Locanda Cuccuini, via Caduti 32, Cavriglia, Tuscany, Italy
Dates of the Training Course: The training will last 6 days, from the 17th to the 22nd of February. Training will take place from 9am to 5pm daily.
Arrival at the training venue is planned on the 16th of February by 7:00pm
Departures from training: venue on the 23rd of February 2024 by 11:00am
STAY IN TOUCH
Utensilia APS www.utensiliaaps.com
Facebook Utensilia APS
Linked-in Utensilia APS